Harsh cleansers, too much sun, dry winter days-- all of these factors can make your skin dry and itchy. If your skin is feeling parched then we have the solution: a soothing DIY honey face mask that smells sweet, goes on like butter and leaves your skin radiant, moisturized, and healthy. Best of all, it can be whipped up in minutes using ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
All you need is honey, avocado and coconut oil. Here’s why these three ingredients are so great for your skin.
Honey- Did you know that the ancient Egyptians used honey to embalm their dead? It's true! Honey is Mother Nature's natural preservative. In addition to keeping skin looking young, honey is known for its clarifying properties which will help unclog your pores without stripping the natural oils. Honey is also renowned for its moisturizing properties which help soothe your skin leaving it glowing, and its antibacterial properties that help combat breakouts.
Avocado- Not only are they delicious, but these little green beauties are also packed full of moisturizing and anti-aging power. Avocados are full of monounsaturated fatty acids, Vitamin E, and Vitamin C all of which are known to help build elastin, which helps keep your skin looking young and radiant. Even avocado seeds are good for your skin since they have collagen and antioxidants. If you have a good blender, or a mortar and pestle, grind up the avocado seed and add it to the face mask for an extra boost.
Coconut Oil- This tropical oil has gone from being unknown to being a pantry staple. . There are hundreds of uses for coconut oil ranging from cooking in the kitchen, to nourishing your skin, and taking off your makeup. Coconut oil is known for its disinfectant and antimicrobial properties which will help cleanse skin without drying it out. Coconut oil is a saturated fat, helping it lock moisture into the skin. The protein in coconut oil also helps repair dry and damaged skin.
What you need for your DIY Honey, Avocado, Coconut Oil Face Mask:
-1 Tablespoon of Honey
-1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
1) In a small, microwave safe bowl, melt coconut oil in your microwave for 15-20 seconds or until it melts.. (You can also do this in a small pot on the stove over low to medium heat and transfer to a bowl when melted.)
2) Pour the honey into the bowl. Stir until the two ingredients are combined.
3) Add the avocado to the honey and coconut oil mixture and mash. Continue to mash the avocado until all of the honey and coconut oil are mixed into the avocado and the mixture is smooth. Whip for 30 seconds to a minute to make sure all of the ingredients have come together and it's fluffy and light.
4) Let the face mask sit for 15 minutes to allow the coconut oil to start to re-solidify. This will make it easier to spread on your face.
5) Wash your face with a warm washcloth to open up the pores. . Smooth the face mask all over your face, paying special attention to the area under your eyes, around your nose and any areas that are especially dry.
6) Let the face mask sit for 20-30 minutes, then rinse it off using warm water. After the mask is rinsed away, splash cool water on your face to close your pores. Gently pat skin dry and enjoy your moisturized and radiant skin!
7) Store any extra mixture in an airtight container in your fridge for up to a week. It is also excellent for dabbing on lips when they are feeling dry.
Comments will be approved before showing up.